- July 30, 2019
- Posted by: BSTQM
11th National Annual Quality Convention on Education (NAQCE)
A Premier Quality Event for Excellence in Education
Jointly Organized by
Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM)
University of Asia Pacific
07 September 2019, Saturday
- Objectives: The objectives of the convention are to
- develop a sense of awareness about quality management in academics.
- demonstrate how SQCC’s help to develop quality human resources.
- encourage educational institutions to promote quality culture in the institutions.
- Theme: “Enhancing Performance in Education through Continuous Improvement and Innovation“
- Who Should Attend?: Quality Experts, Academicians, Executives, Principals, Teachers, SQCC’s (Students’ Quality Control Circles) and interested guardians will be immensely benefited by participating in this convention.
- Registration Fee:
Mode of Payment
|Category||Amount||Payable in the form of crossed cheque/pay order/draft drawn in favor of Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management or wire transfer to account no 121-00000-595, Shahjalal Islami Bank. Panthapath Branch, Dhaka.||Participation Fee covers certificate, reading materials, stationary, food and refreshment during convention.|
|Student Participants||Tk. 500/person|
|Teacher Participants||Tk. 1000/person|
- Venue: University of Asia Pacific, 74/A Green Road, Farmgate, Dhaka
- Date & Time: Convention will be held on 07 September 2019, Saturday from 09:00 am—06:00 pm.
- Organizer: Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM) & University of Asia Pacific
- Nomination for Participation: Nomination for participation in the institution letterhead pad along with participation fee should reach the “BSTQM Secretariat” on or before Thursday, 08 August 2019. Nomination may also be sent through e-mail: email@example.com (A student can participate only in any one event).
Events & Activities
Item 1: Technical Paper Presentation
Technical papers must be submitted on or before 08 August 2019. Quality Practitioners, Principals, Teachers, Experts, Educationists & Students may submit proposals or papers supported the topics that can be presented in our technical sessions.
- Topics: All technical paper presentations shall revolve around the following topics:
- i) Innovation in Education, ii) Quality Prospects of Education, iii) TQM in Education: An Initiative to Develop Total Quality Person, iv) Best Practice in SQCC, v) Education and Peace, vi) KAIZEN applied in Education Management, vii) 5S in Education, viii) Teaching Methodology, ix) Evaluation of Educational Programs
- Papers shall be accepted from Quality Practitioners, Principals, Teachers, Experts, Educationists & Students
- Maximum six pages inclusive of figures, tables, pictures etc. Alphabet font size will be 12, Times New Roman. Title of the paper and headlines will be bold, font size 14. Please use A4 size paper. Headlines and sub-headlines should be chronologically numbered
- Name of the author (Name of the team/circle) should appear below the title in the right hand corner in italics, font size 12
- Footnote of the first page must include the identity of the author with designation, institution etc.
- The abstract of technical papers (accompanied by soft copy) & 2 copy passport size photographs must reach the convener before 08 August 2019, along with a 100 words resume
- Each presenter will get maximum 15 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for question & answer
Item 2: Case Study Presentation by SQCC
- Teams of the students can present their case studies in teams/circles.
- Students teams will be classified into –
- a) Class I-V, b) Class VI-X, c) XI-XII/Institution & d) University Level.
- Each team is allotted a time slot of 12 minutes for presentation excluding preparation time.
- A warning bell will be rung after 10 minutes and the final bell will be rung denoting the end of the presentation.
- Upon ringing of the final warning bell, the teams should immediately stop their presentation.
- Maximum ten members may participate in a team/SQCC.
- SQCCs must send an abstract (maximum 500 words, font: 12, New Times Roman, spacing: 1) of their case study along with 6R size group photograph latest by 08 August 2019 to the secretariat.
Item 3: Poster & Slogan Competition
- Topic: Based on the theme of the convention, topic for poster and slogan competition will be given at the spot.
Student teams will be classified into a) For Students up to Class-VIII & b) IX – XII. Each team will be represented by two participants. The participants shall work collectively to present an attractive poster with a slogan to project the topic. Time allotted will be 2 hours. Participants must bring their own poster colors and brushes. At the venue the organisers will provide white card sheets (27″ x 22″). Soft boards will also be provided for display. The poster will be judged on the basis of creativity, neatness, originality and interpretation of the theme. The Organizing Committee will retain posters.
Item 4: Collage Competition
- Topic: The exact topic shall be given on the spot and will be based on the theme of the convention.
Student teams will be classified into a) For Students upto Class-VIII, & b) Class IX – XII. TWO participants shall represent each institution. Time allotted will be 2 hours. The team shall present one collage collectively to project the given theme. Participants are free to use any material for giving extra effects to their projects. Participants must bring all necessary items with them. At the venue, the organizers will provide only white card sheet (27″ x 22″). Soft boards will also be provided for display. Marks will be awarded for creativity, innovation, neatness and interpretation of the theme. The Organizing Committee will retain collage.
Certificate of attendance will be given to all participants. Besides, first
second and third position holders will be rewarded in appropriate manner
Md. Nuruzzaman Talukdar
Convener, 11th NAQCE
Joint Secretary, BSTQM & Founder Principal, ACED School, Savar, Dhaka.
BSTQM Secretariat: 20/6-West Panthapath, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh.