Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM) is a voluntary organization engaged in promoting Total Quality Management (TQM) in Bangladesh. The society was established on 04 May 1996.
Late Engineer Mofiud Doula, a renowned quality expert Engr. A. M. M. Khairul Bashar P. Engr, Engr. Mokarram Uddin Ahmed, Engr. Syed Masud Hasan and Mr. T. P. Biswas have taken the initiate to establish BSTQM for the welfare and benefit of mankind. Engr. Mofiud Doula was elected as the first President and Engr. Mokarram Uddin Ahmed was became the first General Secretary. Initiated under their leadership BSTQM emerged as a leading agency promoting Quality Management and culture in all sectors of the economy. Initially the organization was named as TQM Club in 1994. In 1996 it was renamed as the Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management.
We strive to bring peace and happiness in the society through Quality.
Our mission is to promote a Quality culture in every sphere of life in order to bring peace and happiness in the society.
- Dissemination of knowledge on quality across the country
- Development of professional skills in quality management
- Communication nationally and internationally to be abreast of the latest developments in quality matters
In order to develop appropriate strategies to achieve the goals, SWOT analysis was carried out. During the workshop the BSTQM members identified the internal strengths and weaknesses as well as opportunities and threats present in the external environment (Annexure-2). On the basis of the analysis, following strategies is suggested:
Organize different quality management related programs viz. training, workshop, seminar, talk etc. utilizing the professional expertise of the members and other reputed resource persons to disseminate the knowledge and share experiences in the field throughout the country.
Develop a pool of resource persons on the subject, from amongst the members of BSTQM, by organizing TOT and Refreshers courses on TQM in order to augment the professional skills and knowledge in quality management.
- Strengthen the secretariat of BSTQM by developing an appropriate organization structure with proper recruitment and placement of officials and staff in the secretariat.
- Improve management effectiveness of the secretariat by developing the skills of the officials in the areas of:
- Office Management
- File Management
- 5-S in Office
- Kaizen, Business communications etc.
- Develop mechanism for effective coordination to ensure proper coordination and cooperation amongst different committees / members.
- Ensure and improve further the network and communication with national and international bodies/ organizations to enhance affiliation with them for facilitating exchange of faculties, sharing of experiences and participations for mutual benefits.
- Improve interactions with general members of BSTQM through organizing and involving them in different events throughout the year in order to motivate them and to enhance their commitment.
- Utilize BSTQM’s information bank, developed on its immense experiences of holding national and international conventions, to strengthen the publication and research activities and disseminate those through publication of quality related topics, case studies and research findings etc.
- Harness the potentials and linkages of its members to involve electronic/print media to disseminate quality related activities, experiences and events.
- Strengthen the financial position of BSTQM through soliciting grants. Contributions, donations from CSR funds of different corporate bodies through utilizing linkages of its members with different organizations
- Establish and improve relationship with industries and corporate bodies and developing brand image of BSTQM procure consultancy/ advisory assignment for generating funds for BSTQM
- Utilize properly the potentials of student chapter for propagation of Quality theme to the future generation for building a quality conscious society.